Leadership Thomas Benefactors:
Identify, Develop and Educate a diverse group of leaders to ensure economic success for the Thomasville-Thomas County community.
- Please click here to apply for Leadership Thomas Class 37!
Who We Are
Leadership Thomas (LT) is a program of the Thomasville-Thomas County Chamber of Commerce. LT cultivates a diverse network of emerging and experienced leaders committed to improving the community. With the support of LT graduates and the business community, LT has conducted leadership programs since 1981.
- Interact with leaders from the various sectors of our community (business, government, non-profit)
- Learn from “unlike” minded people to build strong professional relationships
- Develop an awareness and participate in discussions of the challenges and opportunities in the community by examining major relevant business, government and social issues
- Enhance understanding of your personal leadership style to grow into higher-level roles, both in the work place and in the community
- Deepen your company’s profile with community, business and government leaders through visibility and commitment to community success
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Thomasville-Thomas County area
Tuition- Scholarships – Payment Plans
- Tuition for Leadership Thomas is $1,000 for Chamber members and $1,500 for all non-members. Cash, check or credit card accepted. Tuition payment plans are available.
- Partial scholarships are offered based on need. Requests are submitted with the LT Class application.
Leadership Thomas seeks those candidates who:
- Demonstrate leadership attributes through career achievement or participation in community activities
- Represent a cross-section from businesses, government and non-profit organizations
- Reside and/or work in Thomasville-Thomas County
- Identify and analyze challenges considering various perspectives, then provide solutions
- Share personal/professional resources/expertise
- Value continuous learning and personal and professional development
- Have full support from their sponsoring organization/business
- Give the time necessary to complete the program
- Maintain a personal commitment to Thomasville-Thomas County and to Leadership Thomas after graduation
The program begins with orientation in June, followed by a weekend retreat in August, continues with 9 monthly sessions—Sept. through Dec.—and a closing graduation in June. The sessions present activities and hands-on experiences related to leadership topics i.e.: economic development, government, the arts, healthcare, human services, justice, law enforcement and the environment.
Attendance at the opening retreat and closing graduation is mandatory. Participants must attend monthly daylong sessions, attend one: school board meeting, city council or county commission meeting, and participate in a class project.