Location: Thomasville, GA (greater Tallahassee, FL area), this is not a remote opportunity
Exciting new opening for an applications Developer to join our team and work on-site at our Global Corporate Headquarters. This position will be part of our current IT Application Development team and help to develop and maintain high quality cross-platform internal and external customer facing applications. The Application Development Team’s scope includes custom web-based applications, system to system interfaces, mobile apps, third party application integration, custom API’s, Internet/Intranet/Extranet website and CMS management, as well as development associated with our cutting-edge IoT solution. Working alongside IT and business teams, this role will be instrumental in helping the company to maintain and deliver valuable on-time solutions.
This is an individual contributor role. No direct reports at this time. Works very closely with IT project teams, business project teams, and extended resources from other business units (R&D, Marketing, Finance, Operations).
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Produce fully functional applications writing clean, readable, and testable code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new development products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- Participates as necessary in the development of test cases, test scenarios, and test plans to support business requirements
- All other duties as assigned
- Highly analytical with the ability to work on small to large complex projects
- Ability to develop solutions requiring analysis and research
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical, and customer-facing skills
- Ability to cultivate an understanding of what the business is trying to achieve while working with a standard technology stack to define effective and efficient solutions
- Proven ability to deliver projects within short timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to summarize and present findings or challenges to all levels of staff and management
- Ability to work on one or more projects as a project team member; may coach more junior technical staff
- Ability to work in decentralized team and communicate using virtual communications tools (phone, conferencing, web meetings)
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance and be a self-starter; takes actions to achieve goals; proactive
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Demonstrate experience with development of web applications using the following:
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft SharePoint
- React Native
- Experience in multiple technical environments
- Knowledge of computer programming, systems analysis, and design principles and practices
- Experience in full System Development life cycle
- Experience with various development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, JAD, etc…)
- Possesses knowledge of web development technologies (e.g., .NET, Visual Studio, etc…)
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units supported to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge
- Hands on and administrator experience with enterprise level content management system (CMS) - preferred
- Knowledge of some SEO principles and how to implement them on our website - preferred
- Knowledge around the mobile app development process including from the first line of code to publishing in the store(s) - preferred
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the Apple App store and/or the Google Play store - preferred
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field from four-year College or University or some college with appropriate work equivalent.
Experience: 3 to 7 years of work experience in IT applications development. Experience in the business areas of manufacturing preferred but not required.
Benefits of Being a Cleaver-Brooks Employee
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, wellness benefits, life insurance, short term and long term disability, 401(k) plan, generous vacation and 11 paid holidays.
Cleaver-Brooks is the market leader in providing fully integrated boiler and burner systems. We lead the boiler/burner industry due to our unmatched distribution network’s ability to deliver the knowledge, service, training and support that are essential to long-term performance. Our customers will tell you that we’re the only equipment provider that manufactures boilers, burners, controls, and a full array of ancillary and aftermarket products. They’ll also mention that our unique single-source capability means that we can deliver fully integrated boiler room solutions that reduce overall costs and optimize space. It is our focus on products that deliver the most efficient, reliable, safe and environmentally sustainable solutions that differentiate us in the marketplace. Cleaver-Brooks continues an 80+ year legacy of providing the customers we serve with extraordinary products designed to deliver unsurpassed performance through the power of commitment.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgement, to be proper.