Certification, Contracting and Teaming: How To Get Started In Government Contracting - $39.00
Who is the world's largest customer? Our Government. The federal government alone typically purchases $400+ BILLION in goods and services — from light bulbs to PR, and from landscaping services to food products. Last year, over $100 billion was awarded to small businesses. So, the opportunity is tremendous. However, new small businesses entering government contracting face significant time-consuming and costly challenges. Considering government contracting? Is your business ready for the shift to B2G? Learn how to gain a strategic foothold in public sector procurement and how certifications can help. Attend this introductory program to understand the typical procurement process and how you can more efficiently gain a foothold in federal contracting.
- Daniel McCoy, Business Consultant, UGA SBDC at KSU and Certified SHRM Professional
- Jennifer White, Procurement Counselor with Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center
- Bart Njoku-Obi, Business Consultant with the UGA SBDC Office of Minority Business Development.
- Selling to the Government
- Certifications ( what you need to know)
- Federal Government Thresholds
- How does the Government buy goods or services?
- Government Market Research
- Federal Small Business Preferences
- Government Contracting Tips
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
- What certifications are
- The process of selling to the government
- How to efficiently navigate government procurement
A Public Service and Outreach Unit of the University of Georgia. Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All programs of the UGA SBDC are open to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance.