Thomas County, located in the beautiful Red Hills Region of Southwest Georgia, was established in 1825 from parts of Irwin and Decatur Counties by legislation introduced by Thomas J. Johnson, owner and builder of Pebble Hill Plantation. One year later, on December 22, 1826, a location was established for the new county seat, called Thomasville.
Since 1921, the Thomasville-Thomas County Chamber of Commerce has been the “Voice of Business” for the community. Working side by side with the Thomasville Payroll Development Authority, the Chamber’s mission is to create a dynamic community where businesses will be successful. This is achieved through the Chamber’s five pillars: Talent, Leadership, Business Development, Small Business and Advocacy.