Mission: “Identify, develop and educate a diverse group of leaders to ensure economic success for the Thomasville-Thomas County community.”
WHO WE ARE
Leadership Thomas (LT) is a program of the Thomasville-Thomas County Chamber of Commerce. LT cultivates a diverse network of emerging and experienced leaders committed to improving the community. With the support of LT graduates and the business community, LT has conducted leadership programs since 1981.
- Interact with leaders from the various sectors of our community (business, government, non-profit)
- Learn from “unlike” minded people to build strong professional relationships
- Develop an awareness and participate in discussions of the challenges and opportunities in the community by examining major relevant business, government and social issues
- Enhance understanding of your personal leadership style to grow into higher-level roles, both in the work place and in the community
- Deepen your company’s profile with community, business and government leaders through visibility and commitment to community success
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Thomasville-Thomas County area
TUITION - SCHOLARSHIPS – PAYMENT PLANS
- Tuition for Leadership Thomas is $1,000 for Chamber members and $1,500 for all non-members. Cash, check or credit card accepted. Tuition payment plans are available.
- Partial scholarships are offered based on need. The LT Committee is committed to providing scholarship assistance. Requests are submitted with the LT Class application.
Leadership Thomas seeks those candidates who:
- Demonstrate leadership attributes through career achievement or participation in community activities
- Represent a cross-section from businesses, government and non-profit organizations
- Reside and/or work in Thomasville-Thomas County
- Identify and analyze challenges considering various perspectives, then provide solutions
- Share personal/professional resources/expertise
- Value continuous learning and personal and professional development
- Have full support from their sponsoring organization/business
- Give the time necessary to complete the program
- Maintain a personal commitment to Thomasville-Thomas County and to Leadership Thomas after graduation
The program begins with orientation in June, followed by a weekend retreat in August, continues with monthly sessions and a closing graduation in April. The sessions present activities and hands-on experiences related to leadership topics i.e.: economic development, government, the arts, healthcare, human services, justice, law enforcement and environment. A Class Project is completed the year after graduation.
Attendance at the opening retreat and closing graduation is mandatory. Participants must attend monthly daylong sessions, attend one: school board meeting, city council or county commission meeting, and participate in a class project.
- Only 15 participants are selected on their own merit from written applications submitted to the Leadership Thomas Selection Committee.
- For application, please click here. Please contact Christina Reneau at firstname.lastname@example.org for the application in Word format.
- Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on May 1, 2017
- Those candidates not accepted are strongly encouraged to re-apply in subsequent years.